Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounting | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Accounts Payable Clerk 8499546
Under moderate supervision, performs general accounting duties and certain fixed-asset tasks, and administers payables, AFEs, payroll, taxes, and insurance for field and office personnel.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administers payroll for those divisions assigned.
- Ensures payroll accounts are fully funded.
- Calculates and authorizes payment of federal, state, and local taxes as appropriate and assigned.
- Analyzes paperwork from districts and makes such reimbursements and adjustments as are required.
- Ensures group insurance trust is properly and adequately funded if required.
- Takes appropriate action in relation to workers' compensation and related insurance issues as assigned.
- Updates general ledger system as required.
- Manages payables and check runs, and performs audits and account reconciliations.
- Bills associated companies as necessary.
- Administers joint venture accounts as required.
- Administers vacation report and policies to Personnel.
- Prepares accounting, payroll, fixed asset, insurance, and other reports as required, and maintains related current and history files.
- Maintains confidentiality of all payroll, taxation, and associated information.
- Responds to telephone and other inquiries in a timely and polite manner.
- Observes safe working practices, rules and regulations, wears safety equipment as required, and corrects and reports hazards immediately.
- Works well with other Personnel to ensure the smooth operation of the office.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Attends and participates in safety meetings as required.
- Trains other Personnel as directed.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the operation of computer systems, and word processing, accounting, and spreadsheet applications.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Senior Clerk, or comparable experience in a related field: operating common office machinery and computer equipment; performing basic accounting functions.
$15-$18 per Hour Oklahoma City, OK 73114 6 Month Assignment