Workplace Intelligence Director
Strategy | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Avison Young (AY) is seeking a highly talented individual with deep knowledge and expertise in thought leadership, business development and project delivery in workplace intelligence (strategy) consulting services. As Director / Senior Director of a rapidly growing team, you will be responsible for pursuing new business, strengthening existing client relationships, leading the successful delivery of workplace consulting projects, and coaching team members.
You will be entrusted to enhance, grow and be an integral part of the existing Workplace Intelligence service line focused on developing, creating and implementing the optimal work environments for our clients. You will enhance our clients’ performance by driving the use of information and technology through strategy, process, system, structural and behavioral change across a wide range of sectors. You will develop strategies derived from understanding our client’s business, operations, strategy, talent, technology, real estate and space while integrating organizational change management.
This role will be part of an ambitious team that is changing the way operations and real estate decisions are made. You will have a high-level of autonomy to work when and where you prefer, assuming you deliver per your engagement agreements with clients.
- Work with Leadership to develop and produce business, define project scopes, write proposals and deliver projects – on time and within budget.
- Develop, communicate and act on business plan including market position, and revenue projections
- Seek out innovation and best practice across all areas of the role – bring new ideas and thinking to client work and to internal processes and operations.
- Provide training and develop tools for AY Brokers to increase business collaboration and add value to existing clients
- Lead and manage a team that will serve multiple client projects across varying stages of progress and effectively balance a diverse set of responsibilities
- Manage project specific staffing support and resource allocation to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Oversee workplace intelligence (strategy) engagements and work directly with client stakeholders to develop and implement comprehensive workplace strategies and environments, including end user interviews, utilization studies, employee surveys, benchmarking, and visioning work sessions that align with the business strategy.
- Ensure that services consider both an organizational demand and building supply perspective, with a great understanding of the relationship between the two.
- Demonstrate knowledge of experience in qualitative and quantities research methods, agile/flexible/activity based working concept design, space budgeting, test-fit creation/oversight, workplace concept/guideline development, and the use of technology as an enabler
- Understand, negotiate, and enforce client contract terms
- Produce workplace Intelligence (strategy) engagement deliverables per AY’s methodology and approach.
- Management consulting and workplace strategy experience
- Client relationship and account management experience
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Strong technical skills, ability to deliver with proven track record
- Strong sense of urgency to achieve timely, quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, pro-active, yet work within a team environment
- Ability to lead teams in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel per client agreements
Education, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, sociology, urban planning, behavioral psychology, or equivalent.
- 15+ years’ workplace intelligence (or similar) and ideally management consulting experience with proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop collaborative relationships that lead to successful results, internally and externally
- Familiarity with architectural drawings; furniture, fixtures, and equipment; design and space planning concepts; construction costs and schedules.
- Computer skills, proficient with use of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AutoCAD and/or REVIT
- Ability to influence and manage client stakeholders using superior relationship building, communication, and leadership skills