Residential Leasing and Compliance Consultant
Residential | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
We're looking for talented, experienced individuals to join our winning team. McShea has been part of the property management community for more than 24 years.
We are seeking a Leasing and Compliance Consultant for one of our apartment communities located in Silver Spring, Maryland. This position requires fluency in the Spanish language as well as English.
This position will oversee the day-today marketing and leasing operations of the assigned residential community. This includes generating traffic, leasing apartments, qualifying prospects, preparing lease documents, completing move-in procedures, processing applicants and residents in the market rate and affordable housing programs, coordinating with Building Maintenance Engineers, and providing exceptionally friendly customer service.
The position requires two years experience working with income-based credit programs. Following are the basic functions of the position:
- Complies with all federal, state and local Fair Housing guidelines
- Answer incoming calls
- Establish rapport with current and future residents including all visitors
- Lease apartment homes to future residents and achieve necessary move-in goals
- Assist in completing applications, all required forms, providing information and collecting deposits and fees
- Certify and recertify residents in affordable housing programs in compliance with regulatory agreements, HOC and HUD guidelines
- Submit applications for verifications and for approval to the Property Manager
- Prepare move-in packages and conduct new resident orientations
- Prepare lease renewals for market rate residents
- Prepares the weekly leasing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of leasing, affordable housing, sales or customer service experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Familiar with HUD Guidelines for certification and occupancy
- Strong problem solving and analytical capacities
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts
Our firm is committed to the laws and spirit of Equal Employment Opportunity. Additionally, we are a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants and employees are subject to drug and alcohol testing programs.