Residential Apartments Property Manager
Residential | Gaithersburg, MD | Full Time
Avison Young is a Canadian-based international real estate solutions firm, and is one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. From our principals to our on-site teams, we have the people, knowledge and unyielding commitment necessary to increase the value of the rental communities we manage.
Extensive staff training, well-executed marketing and leasing strategies, meticulous facilities and grounds maintenance, stellar resident service, and accurate and timely accounting are the hallmarks of our comprehensive approach to community management. We provide great living environments for our residents and deliver superior returns on investment to our owners.
Avison Young (Washington DC) offers competitive wages and a robust benefits package, and the benefits eligibility begins on the date of hire.
We are seeking a Property Manager for one of our high-end apartment communities in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
This Property Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of this 2oo+ unit residential community, including rental collections, coordinating apartment turnovers, assisting in budget preparation, conducting regular and annual inspections, producing reports, leasing apartments, coordinating service requests as needed, and supervising of staff.
- Manage assigned property in the most efficient and profitable manner possible, given existing market conditions consistent with the goals and objectives of the company and property owner.
- Assist in preparing and ensuring staffing schedules that are consistent with property needs.
- Ensure all purchasing guidelines are met.
- Participate in training classes and meetings as required
- Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents.
- Strive to achieve leasing goals and adhere to established policies/procedures for screening applicants for residency.
- Assist in efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which will maximize rental income and results in high occupancy.
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are, at all times, fully functional and maintained in attractive condition.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, however the position does require the ability to physically inspect the property in its entirety, the ability to oversee any and all maintenance functions, and assist with emergency measures as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Real Estate, Business or Accounting Preferred
- 3 – 5 years experience as on-site Property Manager with a supervisory role for at least 200+ apartments
- ARM, CPM preferred
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service
- Strong problem solving and analytical capacities
- Possesses creative marking and leasing aptitude
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements
- People oriented person
- Skillful in developing and maintaining strong relationships with owners, residents, employees and vendors
- Strong leadership and motivational skills for team orientation
- Exhibits an enthusiastic and positive personality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel and Yardi
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via this JobScore site.
Please, no calls from recruiters. Avison Young subscribes to the spirit and laws regarding Equal Employment Opportunity. Additionally, Avison Young operates in accordance with a Drug Free Workplace and reserves the right to conduct drug and alcohol tests on applicants and employees.