Property Management | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organisation that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organisation. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why Work for Us:
We believe that our industry is changing, and we want our business to be a melting pot of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. Your gender, religion and race are all highly respected, but are less important to us than your ability to step up and change the game. We provide you with a place where you can do just that, with like-minded people. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent from the industry.
- Responsible for all lease administration duties
- Monitor collections
- Oversee all monthly financial reporting to ownership
- Develop comprehensive annual inspection process for properties. Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections as required
- Develop operating and capital budgets, track variances, perform CAM reconciliations and ensure smooth recovery process
- Bid, negotiate and manage conformity with vendor contracts in accordance with the Avison Young contract and client requirements
- Maintain interface with third party owners and accounting team to ensure total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting
- Coordinate and oversee, on behalf of client, all tenant and building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion of all construction work at property
- Participate in leasing and client team meetings and ensure effective communication between leasing and property management team members to achieve client’s goals and objectives
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients, and internal clients
- Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives.
Skills and Specifications:
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Adobe. Familiarity with MRI, Angus, avid software is a plus
- Ability to provide timely and accurate response to all involved with the property
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Knowledge of business practices and principles
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Effective negotiating and management skills
- Exceptional leadership interpersonal and communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; 5-10 years or more of related experience and/or training in the Commercial Real Estate Industry. Illinois Real Estate License required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!