Marketing | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Who Are We?
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
Who Are You?
We are seeking a national Marketing Specialist to join our national team. The national Marketing Specialist, in conjunction with the Vice President, Marketing, Canada will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans, key initiatives and resources to support national service line marketing initiatives and strengthen brand awareness and recognition across Canada. The primary responsibilities for this role will focus on enhancing the overall Avison Young brand and supporting service line marketing including the development and implementation of digital marketing campaigns and content management. In addition, this person will assist with corporate, national and global initiatives and projects.
The ideal candidate has proven skills in marketing, communication skills, project management, design skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an entrepreneurial culture. We are seeking a candidate who is creative, but also analytical and can analyze, synthesize and summarize data to offer solutions to business problems and drive sustained profitable growth.
This position reports to the Vice President, Marketing, Canada. Additionally, you will work with a cross-functional team across Canada.
Marketing & service line support:
- Working with the Vice-President, Marketing, develop and implement effective service line marketing tools as well as support broader global / corporate marketing objectives
- Create, collaborate and project manage marketing deliverables in accordance with best practices and global corporate marketing standards. Specific tasks include graphic design and copy development of service line and corporate materials
- Brainstorm and execute ideas for marketing campaigns including branding, copy, graphic designs, and other promotional materials while working collaboratively with teams across Canada
- Lead and assist in the end-to-end development and execution of targeted marketing initiatives with accountability for keeping campaigns on time and on track
- Assist with the coordination and design of all marketing of research and market thought leadership
- Act as a steward of the firm’s brand and visual graphic standards, ensuring high level of quality and alignment with brand guidelines for all deliverables
- Helps monitor marketing materials for brand compliance, quality, and consistency
- Provide regular updates and reports to relevant members of leadership
Graphic Design and Email Marketing Automation
- Manage the design and layout of various marketing materials (flyers, surveys, brochures, sales advertisements, proposals, reception, invitations, etc.)
- Assist with graphic design projects as assigned using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Working with the Pardot Specialist, manage lists and design CASL compliant email marketing programs
- Evaluate and report on marketing activities using metrics and latest available tools
Social Media and Website
- Coordinate and assist with social media campaigns, aligned with Avison Young Corporate
- Help manage service line website presence and content in conjunction with Avison Young Corporate
Corporate global brand support
- Working with the Vice President, Marketing, Canada assist with corporate, national and global projects
- Contribute to/participate in team-wide/corporate marketing initiatives integral to the company, including internal communication of corporate and marketing news
- Ensure consistency and continuity of brand and message in all marketing activities
- Develop and execute client and industry event planning and logistical coordination when necessary
- Such other reasonable duties as the Company, Vice President, Marketing or other members of global marketing may require you to perform
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA degree and/or 3-5 years of demonstrable work experience with relevant skills
- Experience within Real Estate will be considered an asset
- Proficient CRM and email marketing skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat programs a strong plus
- Basic HTML skills required
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication, strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing, proofing, and editing skills with a drive for accuracy and details
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn new skills
- Must be proactive with a keen sense of urgency
- Working collaboratively with cross functional teams to execute projects with excellence
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks using effective time management tools
- Strong understanding of, and passion for, technology and marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!