Manager, Learning and Development
Corporate (Global) | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Who Are We?
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
We are looking for a Manager, Learning and Development to facilitate training and assist with the design, coordination and evaluation of programs to offer continuous education and skills development for our employees.
To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with various educational techniques for different roles and skill sets. You will be a subject-matter-expert and offer feedback and recommendations to cultivate and maintain a culture of learning, growth and collaboration.
Who Are You?
You must possess an advanced proficiency as a facilitator and have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong background in design, creation and presentation of training courses and the ability to engage an audience using multiple training methods. You have experience working with all levels of the organization and are proactive and strategic in your approach. Commercial real estate or professional services knowledge and experience is preferred.
- As the Manager, Learning and Development, present a range of training courses for all levels of the organization with relevant and current information using modern techniques and strategies
- Assist Director, Learning and Development with completing needs analysis with Managing Directors, Managers to determine training needs
- Assist in designing training curriculum and content for to address skills gaps or needs identified to enhance performance and competence of those in the role
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).
- Research and gather facts from reputable, authoritative sources, including case studies, industry leaders etc. to assist Director, Learning and Development counsel on positive impacts of training
- Monitor, review and conduct evaluations to measure performance and compile training progress reports
- Order instructional material (e.g. e-books and manuals) as required for courses or requested by Director, Learning and Development
- Understand Company structure and roles and collaborate with HR to establish appropriate training for skills enhancement and career development
- Measure outcomes from trainings and prepare regular reports using the LMS
- Calculate and report on training costs
- Ensure mandatory onboarding and compliance training is completed by new hires in a timely manner and follow up as required
- Maintain training certifications as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA degree, degree in Education, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of facilitation experience; experience facilitating in Commercial Real Estate industry considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience delivering training to large (100+) and small (6 -25) audience
- Strong writing, proofing, and editing skills with a drive for accuracy and detail
- Exposure to full cycle training (including needs analysis, plan, design, creation, coordinate present and evaluate training materials)
- Previous experience conducting training, completing analysis and sharing results using LMS
- Familiarity with talent management and experience with skills analysis for career development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and able to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience in commercial real estate industry is considered an asset
- Ability to speak Spanish, French and/or German is an asset
- Must be proactive with a keen sense of urgency
- Travel up to 75%
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!