Financial Analyst (Real Estate Investment Sales Division)
Broker & Sales | Silver Spring, MD
When it comes to commercial real estate investment sales and analysis, McShea & Company, Inc. has a long history of success. McShea & Company's investment sales professionals have completed property sales on behalf of the Washington metropolitan region's most respected owners and purchasers. We conduct every investment sale with a highly analytical approach combined with a strategic marketing campaign tailored to achieve the highest possible price and meet the specific disposition goals of each client. -We take a collaborative team approach by leveraging the in-depth local market knowledge of our leasing professionals and the operations expertise of our property management division. This approach allows us to provide our clients with the best advice possible and take advantage of quickly changing market conditions.
Our Investment Sales services include:
• Landlord Representation on Asset Dispositions
• Purchaser Representation for 1031 Tax-Free Exchanges
• Lender Representation on Note Sales, REO Sales, and Receivership Sales
We are actively seeking to add another FInancial Analyst to our existing team of professionals.
McShea offers competitive wages and a robust benefits plan, with eligibility beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
Position Summary: This Financial Analyst position will support the company’s brokerage, investment sales and acquisition activities by providing financial projections and analysis. The duties include preparing individual property and portfolio level valuations, maintaining Argus files; performing due diligence tasks related to property acquisitions, dispositions and financings; providing various analyses for management, investment sales and leasing agents.
- Prepare property/portfolio valuation and cash flow models in Excel using Argus generated cash flows for the investment sales department.
- Prepare the financial section in investment sales offering memorandums.
- Prepare property/portfolio valuation and cash flow models for use in acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Support the due diligence tasks associated with acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Perform various lease analyses including comparative lease analysis, lease restructure analysis, sale / leaseback analysis, build-to-suit analysis, and own versus lease analysis.
- Participate in the annual budget and quarterly reforecasting processes
- Perform special ad hoc projects and analyses as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
BA / BS degree in accounting or finance required. MBA preferred.
3 + years of financial analysis in commercial real estate
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of real estate fundamentals
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and advanced Excel
- Knowledgeable with Argus software
- Strong problem solving and analytical capacities, research abilities required
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Great place to work - our employees have an average tenure of 10+ years.
McShea believes in the law and spirit of Equal Employment Opportunity. We are a Drug Free Workplace, and we reserve the right to conduct drug and alcohol testing of applicants and employees alike.