Facilities | Eagan, MN | Full Time
Avison Young, the world’s fastest growing commercial real estate services firm, is seeking an experienced Engineer to join our Property Management team. This is an opportunity to work for a global IT firm. The Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide maintenance, preventative maintenance, and trouble-shooting on office building
- Specific knowledge of commercial, roof top, HVAC package units preferred.
- Ensure preventative maintenance procedures are implemented and followed throughout the properties
- Provide day-to-day maintenance support for equipment reliability issues.
- Ensure maintenance instructions and spare parts lists are accurate.
- Identify opportunities to improve the reliability of his/her assigned systems, recommend solutions, and manage implementation.
- Effectively communicate with Chief Engineer and Property Manager regarding equipment reliability and maintenance activities.
- Provide hands-on support to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve equipment issues. Support may be required outside of normal shift including nights, weekends and holidays. This position is on-call nights and weekends for building emergencies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must promote AY’s culture of client service, collaboration, and the highest ethical standards
- Some college or technical school education required; Bachelor of Science degree from accredited Institution preferred.
- Electrician's License, SMA designation, or Refrigerant license preferred.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience, including experience with mechanical testing/maintenance and requesting and analyzing bids from service providers.
- Minimum 3-5 years utility systems/management and/or facilities/plant management and maintenance.
- One to three years of hands-on experience working with office building mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and fire systems. The ability to Develop and or change PM's strategies, add / remove or update assets within the work order system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles applied to design, operation and maintenance of building structures and mechanical and electrical equipment for buildings.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook to correspond, type reports and prepare bid comparisons.
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises of over 2,000 real estate professionals in 70 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.