Director, Strategic Planning and Implementation
U.S. Corporate | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Who Are We?
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
We are looking for a Director, Strategic Planning and Implementation to join our growing team in Chicago.
Who Are You?
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Strategic Planning & Implementation will be a thought leader responsible for overseeing and directing the implementation of Avison Young’s global strategic plan. You will thrive in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment and with the aim of winning new business and will be a key player in the growth and positioning of the company. You will ensure alignment from all partners and stakeholders on key performance metrics, establish realistic business goals, and lead the development and modeling and interpretation of financial and operating data over recruiting and M&A activity.
- Develop long and short range strategic plans and provide leadership and direction during implementation across global operations
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with senior management and Managing Directors fostering trust and open communication related to recruitment and M&A opportunities for the company
- Ensure business decisions are grounded in solid financial data and reasoning
- Identify and develop target list of recruits and M&A targets
- Oversee the development of complex financial analysis including models, due diligence, competitor analysis, financial reports, databases, and reporting tools
- Design and develop analysis and ad-hoc reporting on financial and operating metrics
- Continuously monitor company and market performance to determine if strategies need to be adjusted or new strategies should be introduced
- Develop in collaboration with the team, innovative and / or differentiating products and services
- Train and develop Managing Directors and staff while promoting a positive work environment that supports collaboration, consistency and continuous improvement
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in business, Finance or other quantitative fields.
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of previous corporate finance/banking/consulting experience
- Executive presence and ability to debate and influence decision making
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling and MS-Excel
- Prior experience in real estate or service industry
- Analytical thinker, detail-oriented, high energy level
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidential and professional manner
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!