Director of Strategy
U.S. Corporate | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises 2,400 real estate professionals in 78 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
Brief Outline of Job:
- Reporting to: SVP of Corporate Strategy
- Location: Chicago (downtown)
- Travel: 10% – 20% or as required
- Job Description: Independently execute on key strategy initiatives including M&A and building of new services. Will liaison with senior staff across North America on investments and work with C-suite & BOD on special projects.
- Key skills: Strong financial analysis, presentation, and interpersonal skills with advanced knowledge of financial modeling and MS-Excel; analytical thinker, detail-oriented, high energy level; ability to manage multiple, complex projects and meet deadlines; ability to maintain confidential and professional manner.
- Education: Respected Undergrad + 10 years; MBA + 5 years; or top tier MBA + 2 years
- Education: Business/Engineering degree required. Preference for MBA or experience in professional services firm.
- Experience in real estate or service industries a plus. Double plus for experience in the operations/strategy/growth areas of any services firm (real estate, financial, consulting, IT, accounting, HR, or legal services firm).