CRE Capital Markets - Analyst
Broker & Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Capital Markets Analyst
Financial Analyst Capital Markets – Downtown Chicago Office
Our Chicago office has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level, experienced Financial Analyst to become a part of our Capital Markets team. The Financial Analyst will work under the direction of Chicago-based senior members of the Capital Markets team and will interact with other senior members of Avison Young. The successful candidate must possess strong task management skills, be very organized, have a keen eye for detail, and a passion for learning and self-improvement.
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company provides value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.
- Underwrite and value industrial, office, and proposed land-use developments based on market capitalization rates, investment returns, IRRs, and equity multiples
- Produce financial models using Argus and Microsoft Excel of varying complexity, including but not limited to detailed cash-flow/pro-forma projections, development models, and equity waterfalls
- Perform market research and research of sales and rent comparables. Be able to utilize real estate databases such as CoStar, Real Capital Analytics, Bloomberg and REIS
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, presentations and Offering Memorandums
- Gather and evaluate demographic and real estate market data
- Assist in reviewing and abstracting legal documents such as leases and loans
- 4+ years of work experience in Commercial Real Estate, performing analyses
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Business Finance and/or Real Estate with a strong record of academic achievement and demonstrated quantitative skills
- Strong understanding of financial and real estate concepts
- Excellent grammar and business writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Argus DCF & Enterprise
- Professional, high energy individual, with leadership experience
- Attention to detail; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.