CONTRACT - Operations Manager
Operations | City, province | Full Time
Who Are We?
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
Who Are You?
We are seeking an Operations Manager for a 1 year contract position covering a maternity leave.
The Operations Manager will support the Managing Director in the Calgary office handling all personnel related matters in liaison with HR and ensure smooth business operations for the brokerage office. This position entails working with a diverse employee population at all levels within the organization. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be called on to use discretion. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to plan and prioritize multiple priorities and thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an entrepreneurial culture.
- Provide 90 day forecasts on a monthly basis for future revenues
- Complete Quarterly Reports
- Oversee all Accounting/reporting
- Process cheques
- Manage purchasing of all hardware and maintenance for office support equipment including fax
machines headsets, and telecom equipment, photocopiers and computers
- Ensure legal compliancy for onsite and offsite archiving of all brokerage documents
- Organize annual holiday party
- Organize yearly stampede party as well as other client events
- Authorize payments on Accounts Payable
- Ensure the office is running smoothly
- Set up all new employees
- Handle benefit packages
- Oversee all IT issues
- Oversee support staffs vacations/sick time
- Hire new support staff
- Interview/hire EA’S
- Provide additional help to any brokers/associates in the office
- Handle all Real Estate Licenses for Alberta
- Work on annual budget with Managing Director
- Monthly recruiting pipeline
- Previous experience in commercial real estate is an asset
- Strong PC skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize work flow
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!