Operations | City, province | Full Time
Position located in Calgary, Alberta – Downtown
Who Are We?
Avison Young is one of the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firms. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
Who Are You?
We are seeking a proactive individual that will be able to respond quickly and positively to all situations with poise and efficiency, while maintaining a professional, courteous and friendly demeanor at all times. You must be competent working in a fast paced environment, as a highly organized individual. You must be a team player and leader, who can work both in a group and complete tasks independently, without close supervision. You possess excellent interpersonal skills, and communication skills, both written and oral. We are looking for and enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work with various personalities while ensuring the property and tenants are receiving excellent service.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations for a variety of commercial sites. You must have knowledge of building management controls systems (BMCS) and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to actively manage all aspects of preventative maintenance, water treatment, energy management, building envelope and other building service requirements. Additionally, you must have a current ABSA ticket.
- Oversee all aspects of building operations at assigned sites
- Purchasing, stock control, and utilization of materials
- Scheduling of supply and service personnel, work order requests and adhering to maintenance priorities
- Knowledge regarding contracts, and suppliers and their services
- Tenant / sub-tenant check in and checkout inspections
- Participating in all maintenance projects
- Changing lights
- Use of ladders
- Performing light plumbing work such as cleaning stoppages, replacing fittings, etc. or contracting out
- Insuring all contracts between the company and clients, suppliers and goods and services consultants, etc. are properly handled to protect the company and that the company fulfills its obligations in a conscientious and professional manner
- Providing written operations reports on the general operation of the properties monthly.
- Work closely with Property Managers in effectively carrying out property management activities
- Utilize building maintenance software to track preventive maintenance tasks and address tenant service requests
- Portray a favorable image of the organization as the front-line contact with clients/tenants and sub-contractors
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and parallel assignments.
- Effective team player who can establish and build effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- High level of both written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate information with clients both internal and external.
- Supply own vehicle and attend to rotating On Call emergency duties as required
- Such other duties as the Company or Managing Director may from time to time require you to perform
Experience & Qualifications
- Valid Fifth (5th) Class Power Engineering Certificate and related trades experience
- Excellent knowledge of building systems (electrical, plumbing, sprinkler, life safety, HVAC, etc.)
- Minimum Five (5) years’ experience in commercial office, retail and light industrial Building Operations
- Ability to work with multiple clients to facilitate work, address issues and manage concerns
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (specifically Word and Outlook)
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Eligible to work in Canada
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the
company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, clientcentric
investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners
and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your
resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest;
however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are
committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in
service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based
on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any
other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and
accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.
Apply with us TODAY!