Assistant Property Manager (Residential, High-Rise)
Residential | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
McShea Residential Services is one of the fastest growing divisions within McShea & Company, Inc. From our principals to our on-site teams, we have the people, knowledge and unyielding commitment necessary to increase the value of the rental communities we manage.
Extensive staff training, well-executed marketing and leasing strategies, meticulous facilities and grounds maintenance, stellar resident service, and accurate and timely accounting are the hallmarks of our comprehensive approach to community management. We provide great living environments for our residents and deliver superior returns on investment to our owners.
We're looking for talented, experienced individuals to join our winning team. McShea has been part of the property management community for more than 24 years.
We are seeking an Assistant Property Manager for one of our high rise locations in Silver Spring, Maryland.
This Assistant Property Manager will assist the Property Manager in the day-to-day operations of assigned residential community, including rental collections, coordinating apartment turnovers, assisting in budget preparation, conducting regular and annual inspections, producing reports, leasing apartments, coordinating service requests as needed, and supervising of staff.
- Manage assigned property in the most efficient and profitable manner possible, given existing market conditions consistent with the goals and objectives of the company and property owner.
- Assist in preparing and ensuring staffing schedules that are consistent with property needs.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/tenet statutes are followed.
- Ensure all purchasing guidelines are met.
- Participate in training classes and meetings as required.
- Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents.
- Strive to achieve leasing goals and adhere to established policies/procedures for screening applicants for residency.
- Assist in efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which will maximize rental income and results in high occupancy.
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are, at all times, fully functional and maintained in attractive condition.
- Communicate effectively with owner, residents, staff and corporate office. Ensure any issues or areas of concern are addressed promptly and thoroughly.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, however the position does require the ability to physically inspect the property in its entirety, the ability to oversee any and all maintenance functions, and assist with emergency measures as required.
This position requires the individual to have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong managerial abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical capacities
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of real estate management principles and techniques.
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Experience managing opportunity rents program based on median income
High school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of residential property management or related field required.
- Assistant Residential Property Management experience helpful.