U.S. Corporate | Washington, DC | Full Time
Our Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organization that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organization. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why work for us?
We believe our industry is changing and we want our business to be a company of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. At Avison Young, we are committed to hiring people from all walks of life who have a collaborative style and innovations focus; we believe a diverse and embracing workforce makes for a stronger, more capable and competitive company. We will provide you with a place where you can step up and change the game. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent.
As a Data Analyst, you will leverage your passion for cities, real estate and data to support Avison Young’s external clients and internal stakeholders. You’ll be part of a team of innovators tasked with disrupting the world of CRE and setting a new industry standard for transparency and predictability.
A typical day will be split between focusing on data sprints related to specific client pursuits & data processes to capture, review and enhance micro data resulting from daily real estate market activities. Your focus on and enhancement of micro data will drive automated analytics and visualizations that will be used to tell both the stories of cities and real estate markets.
This full-time position will be U.S.-based, but you have the flexibility to work from any major city of your choice.
- Position: Data Analyst, Innovation
- Status: Full-time
- Location: U.S.-based, flexible options
- Work with stakeholders to understand data that is crucial to pursuits and business development.
- Complete daily and weekly data sprints related to client pursuits focused on enhancing micro data on properties, companies, leases, sales and availabilities.
- Complete daily and weekly data processes related to real estate market activities focused on enhancing micro data on properties, companies, leases, sales and availabilities.
- Daily and weekly outreach to internal stakeholders as well as industry peers and relationships to facilitate the capture and enhancement of micro data.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. Master’s Degree is considered an asset.
- 2+ years of Data Analytics experience
- Passionate about cities and real estate
- Interested how micro data can help better tell stories around cities and real estate markets
- Dedicated to data as an art and science
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Ability to pivot to meet quick deadlines while working on longer-term tasks
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.