Accounting Manager - US Operations
U.S. Corporate | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Avison Young Commercial Real Estate is a nationwide full-service commercial real estate brokerage firm that boasts a diversified range of services, consulting with owners, asset managers and corporate clients in real estate. As a partner-owned firm, we build long-term relationships with our clients, offering them professional, intelligent real estate and financial solutions.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our U.S. Corporate Accounting Operations in a fast paced environment with North America’s fastest growing commercial real estate services company.
Responsible for Acquisition and Recruit Accounting, Quarterly Forecasts, US Cash Management, US Treasury Function, Compensation and Benefits Accounting, system enhancements and ad hoc reporting. Works under the direction of the U.S. CFO. Excellent opportunity for high potential candidate to get exposure across various departments and advance career.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
Review, understand and ensure proper accounting for acquisitions and recruits by interpreting associated legal documents (e.g. purchase sale agreements, independent contractor agreements and employment agreements).
Examine acquisition and recruit contracts and verify achievement of contingent bonuses.
Coordinate the preparation and consolidation of quarterly snapshot reports which consists of a 3 month forecast prepared by 25 Managing Directors.
Support the compilation and analysis of the monthly revenue forecast.
Develop confidence with key business leaders through value added/ad hoc analysis and/or ownership of critical projects.
Compensation and Benefits Accounting:
- Assist US Operations and perform analysis of the annual compensation budgeted.
Lead in the preparation and analysis of monthly consolidate compensation reporting.
- Maintain and report compensation run rates and headcount on a quarterly basis.
- Key liaison with Human Resource department, support ad hoc reporting requirements and payroll audits.
- Coordinate the analysis of annual burden rate for reimbursable employees in accordance with management agreements.
- Manage compensation close process, including payroll, benefits, bonus accruals, allocations, employee receivables and respective account reconciliations.
Cash forecasting and Treasury Management:
Manage US consolidated banking platform; coordinate the opening/closing of bank accounts, administration of the on line banking platform, manage debit blocks, positive pay and other cash control processes.
Prepare weekly cash forecasts, monitor forecast and communicate significant cash requirement changes to the U.S. CFO on a timely basis.
Interact and support National Treasurer with cash requirements forecasting.
Manage daily cash positon flash report.
- A highly motivated self-starter who works well independently, but can also manage and develop a solid team.
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Positive attitude and the ability to quickly respond to management and internal clients.
Strong analytical skills.
- Takes initiative with demonstrated ability to create new solutions or methods to gain efficiencies for existing issues/processes.
- Proactively looks for projects to broaden the scope of their experience.
7+ years of accounting operations experience.
- BS in Accounting.
- CPA or Real Estate Industry experience preferred.
- Compensation accounting, budgeting and cash forecasting experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS-Excel required.
- Proficiency in Work and PowerPoint.
- Work in an organization where you can make an immediate impact! Our culture is what sets us apart. We are a Principal-led firm,, where the owners are the operators of the business.