Documentation | Bangalore, India | Full Time
About Avi Networks
Avi Networks is a Silicon Valley startup led by veterans with proven track record in building virtualization, networking and software solutions. Avi's mission is to solve some of the toughest customer problems associated with application delivery in today’s mobile, cloud era.
The documentation team at Avi Networks is looking for an Intermediate or Senior Technical Writer.
We are looking for an individual who can create accurate, thorough, topic-based information in a fast-paced environment to support a variety of deliverables. The documentation team is creating traditional user guides, developer guides, and installation guides, in addition to new media formats like customer-facing instructional videos. You must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively on your own and as part of a team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, plan, develop and write documentation sets.
- Work in a mixed Agile and Waterfall development environment to support one or more teams globally.
· Research features in a variety of ways to gather technical data for documentation creation.
· Revise documents to incorporate updates, new features, and editorial comments.
- Ensure timely delivery of assigned tasks.
· Write scripts for use in video creation.
· Produce products that conform to company documentation and quality assurance standards.
· Implement structural changes to documentation, as required.
Required Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
· Bachelors Degree in English, communications, computer science, or related field.
· Minimum of three years’ experience in technical writing.
· Knowledge of topic-based authoring using XML tools.
· Previous experience in researching and writing user documentation.
· Fluency in written US English.
· Ability to work under pressure to meet frequent deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal stakeholders and peers.
· Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities, projects, and processes.
· Knowledge and understanding of the technical communication profession, information development process, and writing principles and standards.
Desired Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
· Working knowledge of Jira or Rally is an asset.
· Experience in networking and application delivery documentation is an asset.
· Experience in video creation or video editing is an asset
This is a full-time position based out of Avi’s office in Bangalore, India.