Technical Account Manager (Bay Area/Remote)
Engineering | Remote, CA | Full Time
About Avi Networks
Avi Networks is a Silicon Valley startup led by veterans with proven track record in building virtualization, networking and software solutions. Avi's mission is to solve some of the toughest customer problems associated with application delivery in today’s mobile, cloud era.
The TAM will work with Customers in a region/across the country in a timely and cost-effective manner while exceeding customer expectations. Sole responsibility for client satisfaction, track project schedules and serve as the liaison between internal departments and designated client points of contact.
Roles and responsibilities: On a day to day basis, you'll be responsible for a variety of initiatives, including:
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the assigned client(s)
- Oversee all technical aspects of the client(s) and their projects, including technology health.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the client’s IT environment and initiatives.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, and summarize progress of project.
- Assist in facilitating client(s) and internal audits of the client(s) technical requirements.
- Work with primary client(s) hours of operation.
- Occasional on-call or after-work hours may be required to serve the customer
- Travel as needed
- Function as technical point of contact for customer environments
- Drive communication between the customer and internal teams, providing detailed discussions and instructions during and post product related events.
- Identify and report product issues and prioritize resolution with the engineering teams
- Provide technical support and services throughout clients’ activity lifecycle
- Collect client requirements and understand their workflow to provide suggestions to avoid issues in a proactive fashion
- Demonstrating past and present skills in a given area of specialization to support technology awareness to customers and colleagues.
- Full understanding of the networking layers and deployment on at least one of the following platforms like OpenShift, AWS, OpenStack, AWS, ESXi
- Excellent communication, time management, and process adherence skills
- Strong knowledge on L4- L7 protocols
- Knowledge of diverse networking devices like Routing, Switching, Firewalls TCP/IP
- Knowledge on Linux OS is a plus
- Experience with REST API or in Python programming is a plus
- Previous experience with ADC deployments for F5 LTM, Citrix Netscaler, A10 Thunder, Brocade/PulseSecure vTM, Cisco ACE products is a big plus
- Familiarity with GSLB offerings from F5, Cisco, etc. is a big plus
- Project Management background
- Technical background
- Incident Management and technical troubleshooting experience