System Reliability Engineer (FL)
Engineering | Ft. Lauderdale, FL | Full Time
About Avi Networks
Avi Networks is a Silicon Valley startup led by veterans with proven track record in building virtualization, networking and software solutions. Avi's mission is to solve some of the toughest customer problems associated with application delivery in today’s mobile, cloud era.
This role requires developing a strong understanding of Avi Vantage Platform and hands-on experience with the product. The candidate will be part of the product management team at Avi.
Roles and responsibilities: On a day to day basis, you'll be responsible for a variety of initiatives, including;
- Able to self-drive customer requirements and prioritize work
- Function as technical point of contact for customer issues and junior team members
- Drive communication between customer and engineering teams, providing detailed communications and instructions
- Able to create IN-DEPTH technical issue and resolution root cause analysis (RCA)
- Identify and report product issues and prioritize resolution with the engineering teams
- Create and maintain cases issues, to create knowledge base articles to prevent, resolve similar issues
- Function as a Subject Matter expert for at least one of the Avi Deployment options. Integrations e.g. OpenStack, ESXi, Containers, AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.
- Systems Operations, Monitoring, Automation
Skills we are looking for:
- Full understanding of the networking layers and troubleshooting process and platform (e.g. OpenShift, AWS, OpenStack, AWS, ESXi)
- Ability to build scripts, automation tools
- Excellent communication, time management and process adherence following skills
- Strong knowledge on L4- L7 protocols
- Knowledge of all networking components (Routing, Switching, Firewall, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Knowledge on Linux OS is a plus
- Experience with REST API or in Python/Java programming is a plus
This is a full-time position based out of Avi’s offices in Bangalore, India.