Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
About Avi Networks
Avi Networks is a Silicon Valley startup led by veterans with proven track record in building virtualization, networking and software solutions. Avi's mission is to solve some of the toughest customer problems associated with application delivery in today’s mobile, cloud era.
Senior Product Marketing Manage
Product Marketing plays a critical role in successfully driving Avi Networks’ products into the marketplace by understanding the market environment. Product marketing also develops a strategy to drive customer awareness of the benefits of adopting Avi Networks’ products and solutions.
As Sr. Product Marketing Manager you will be the outbound voice of the customer and product. You will be responsible for telling the Avi Networks story, conveying Avi’s product differentiators in a unique way, ensuring consistent, effective product knowledge and positioning by the sales team, and creating amazing thought leadership assets for Avi’s content strategy. You will be a liaison to, and in many cases, adjunct member of the product and engineering team, engaging in a two-way dialogue about the company, product, and marketing priorities. You will be creating compelling messaging, leading product launches and creating and executing effective go-to-market plans.
In the process, you will interface with key executives and collaborate with colleagues in all key company functions (Product Management, Sales, Business Development, Engineering, etc.). You will have a strong voice in the roles, verticals, company types, partners, and use cases we target, as well as create or lead the creation of messaging and collateral for those audiences. You will work closely with the sales and SE team to ensure that our key differentiators and benefits are properly conveyed in the sales materials and demos that are given to prospects and partners. You will be very product literate, have a strong understanding of adjacent market segments, and come up with strategies for gaining traction in our key markets. You will be an evangelist for the product and company in media, social media, at events, with sales, and with customers and prospects. You will help sales and partners figure out which are the low- and high-probability opportunities, and provide the tools and intelligence to quickly win the high-probability ones. Externally, you will act as the solution spokesperson evangelizing its value proposition with customers, industry analysts, and press.
- Identify compelling market problems and industry trends
- Launch new solutions, including collaboration on packaging, positioning, press and analyst communications, and field and channel enablement.
- Develop appropriate positioning and messaging for different level audiences (end user, IT Manager, CXO) and for different target segments.
- Be a “content machine” with the ability to develop strategic sales enablement collateral. Create the whole spectrum of sales tools and collateral (presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) to communicate the value proposition of Avi’s solutions to customers and partners.
- Develop the sales and channel strategy, analyze the sales cycle and channel mix, and formulate ideas and approaches to optimize the selling process.
- Serve as Avi spokesperson for customers, analysts, press, and at industry events.
- Perform competitive analysis, define and communicate key Avi advantages through battle cards and competitive updates.
- Provide sales training to communicate market updates, product messaging/positioning, and competitive updates.
- Ability to define the overall product marketing strategy. Be scrappy, methodical, and thoughtful at the same time.
- Work closely with peers to strategize and develop content for lead generation programs and provide strategic input for analyst and public relations activities
- Highly motivated, results-driven, strategic thinker, who has strong leadership, technical, and business fundamentals
- Proven track record in bringing to market at least 2-3 new products and/or solutions using customer and business centered rigor
- At least 5-6 years of product marketing, product management, or sales engineering in enterprise software
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology and product features into business value.
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Experience creating sales enablement content for networking, data center management, service orchestration, security, configuration management and/or related tooling
- Completely "gets" what Avi is doing to disrupt application delivery and services and shares our passion to do whatever it takes to make it happen
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or related discipline is required. MBA is preferred.