Professional Services Consultant (US, Multiple Locations)
Engineering | Remote, USA, CA | Full Time
About Avi Networks
Avi Networks is a Silicon Valley startup led by veterans with proven track record in building virtualisation, networking, and software solutions. Avi's mission is to solve some of the toughest customer problems associated with application delivery in today’s cloud era.
This role requires developing a strong understanding of the innovative Avi Vantage Application Delivery Controller (ADC) platform and hands-on experience with the product.
The charter of the Professional Services team is to drive product deployments, provide the highest level of technical assistance to our customers, and deliver operational best practices. We are looking for exceptional self-motivated professionals who are comfortable with working both remotely and at customer locations. The ideal candidate should be an agile learner and be initiative driven.
As a Professional Services Consultant at Avi Networks, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Function as technical point of contact for customer deployments and as a mentor for other team members
- Develop and deliver technical hands-on product trainings to customers
- Work onsite or remote as a dedicated deployment engineer for a set of assigned customers
- Track and ensure successful completion of high impact projects by creating project scoping plans, design guides and relevant documentation
- Function as a subject matter expert for multiple Avi Vantage integrated ecosystems like OpenStack, ESXi, Docker, AWS, Azure, GCP, Openshift
- Serve as technical champion for customers and collaborate with Avi sales teams to fast track deployments.
Preferred Locations: Bay Area, Greater New York Area, Greater Washington DC, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Dallas.
- Full understanding of OSI networking layers and strong knowledge of L2- L7 protocols
- End-to-end deployments on at least one Avi Vantage integrated ecosystems like OpenStack, ESXi, OpenShift, AWS, Mesos DC/OS, Docker, Azure, GCP
- Previous experience with ADC deployments for F5 LTM, Citrix Netscaler, A10 Thunder, Brocade/PulseSecure vTM, Cisco ACE products
- Hands-on experience with diverse networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls
- Expertise on GSLB offerings from F5, Cisco, Citrix is a big plus
- Experience with REST API and/or Python programming is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef is a plus
- Excellent communication, time management, and process adherence skills