Machine Learning Lead
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Augment has an opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded technologist to lead our talented data science team.
Our best-of-breed support and sales augmentation tools are deployed in marquee brands like Samsung, Dyson and Groupon, with many more awaiting implementation. Our products use the latest techniques in machine learning and natural language processing, and this role is critical to bring a new level of customer experience to the market.
With team members from Carnegie Mellon, Berkeley, YCombinator, and Salesforce, and a large round of funding at our disposal, our company is poised to take over an emerging market with this new member of the leadership team.
- Play a critical role in the leadership team on strategy and vision
- Define the functional and research roadmap for the business
- Lead, mentor, grow the data science team
- Work with high-quality, rich datasets from Fortune 500s to drive insights for our customers
- Prototype and iterate challenging architectures in NLP, such as Dual-Encoders, Retrieval-Based Ranking Engines, Generative Models, etc.
- Be a luminary in the industry, blogging and speaking at events
- 3+ years of machine learning experience in a B2B product environment
- Professional experience leading a data science team, with bonus points for Enterprise SaaS experience
- Hands-on experience implementing production-grade NLP architectures
- Practical experience in libraries like TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, NumPy, or equivalent.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Employee Wellness and Wellbeing is a top priority at Augment. Team members are provided a comprehensive health benefits package with medical, dental, and vision plans to meet their specific requirements.
- HSA savings options and a 401k program help employees plan for the future. And an unlimited vacation policy keeps everyone fresh. We also like to have fun, and gather as a team for weekly lunches [on the company dime]. We also get together occasionally for video game nights, movies, bowling, ping pong, and our favorite all-you-can-eat Brazilian restaurant.
- Remote work in this role is acceptable.
Augment is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.