Lead/Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack / Back End
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Augment has an opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded technologist to play a key role in our Engineering team.
Our best-of-breed support and sales augmentation tools are deployed in marquee brands like Samsung and Dyson with many more awaiting implementation. Our products use the latest techniques in machine learning and natural language processing, so we feel this role is critical to bring a new level of customer experience to the market through an incredible front-end implementation.
With team members from Carnegie Mellon, Cal, YCombinator, and Salesforce, and a large round of funding at our disposal, our company is poised to take over an emerging market with this new member of the product team.
- Lead in the design and implementation of our flagship product
- Prototype and iterate new feature sets infused with the latest AI technologies
- Help define technology best-practices and research future platform iteration
- Help mentor and grow our current and future engineering team
- Work with high-quality, rich datasets from Fortune 500s to drive insights for our customers
- Experience leading, or playing a critical role in back end development for 3+ years, ideally in startup/SaaS environments
- Strong proficiency in Python (Flask), or very similar leading back end technologies
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS, Docker
- Working knowledge in design patterns like SOA and microservices ideal
- Experience with standard practices like Scrum/Agile, TDD are a plus
- Experience mentoring other talented engineers
- Bachelor in Computer Science or similar experience
- Employee Wellness and Wellbeing is a top priority at Augment. Team members are provided with a comprehensive health benefits package with medical, dental, and vision plans to meet their specific requirements.
- HSA savings options and a 401k program help employees plan for the future. And an unlimited vacation policy keeps everyone fresh. We also like to have fun and gather as a team for weekly lunches [on the company dime]. We also get together occasionally for video game nights, movies, bowling, ping pong, and our favorite all-you-can-eat Brazilian restaurant.