Infrastructure | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Job Description: Technical Assistance Command Center Technician: Tier 1 Helpdesk
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Primary Shift: Varies/Rotation - availability to work a 7x24 schedule
If you are a strong team player who has a passion for creating an exceptional customer experience and can inspire others to succeed, the TACC Technician position at Atmosera is your opportunity to drive your career to a new level! As a Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) and a certified Cloud OS Network (COSN) partner with Microsoft, Atmosera is at the forefront of the Microsoft cloud evolution and we’re looking for someone to help provide exceptional customer service clients.
As a member of Atmosera’s Operations group, you will be responsible for the first level of technical support of Atmosera business and professional customers and their services.
This includes networking basic concepts and troubleshooting, colocation services and cloud/virtualization technologies. The position supports end users over the phone, via email. You will work closely with Atmosera Tier 2 and 3 levels on all Atmosera customer service-related issues.
You will also be responsible for understanding and utilizing Atmosera monitoring infrastructure using Orion Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor on all network facilities including Windows® servers, Unix/Linux servers, networking equipment, lines and applications. Responsibilities also include working with team members and customers to help detect, isolate, troubleshoot and escalate issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for first level of technical support of Atmosera professional services. This support is roughly 50/50 phone and email based. You will research technical solutions and provide answers to customer problems.
This position also delivers the highest level of customer service to our premium customers and our staff by utilizing our monitoring infrastructure to identify, isolate, troubleshoot and escalate issues as they occur. You will be responsible for understanding and utilizing our monitoring of internal and external networking, Windows/UNIX/LINUX servers, applications, as well as remote sites. Duties include Incident Management to maintain SLA with our customers and proactively working to reduce events.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in computer technology preferred plus six months of experience in a Help Desk environment
- Applicant should be able to troubleshoot and understand basic aspects of different Operating Systems such as: with Windows 2008,2012, Apple® and UNIX/Linux experience a plus.
- Should have basic knowledge of networking concepts and troubleshooting including TCP/IP configuration and IP addressing.
- Familiarity Solarwinds Orion or similar network monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite such as Office 365 with basic concepts of the tool and its corresponding troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of email client software and configuration such as Microsoft Outlook and Mac Mail a plus
- General storage solutions knowledge, concepts and basic troubleshooting skills.
- Must have at least six months of IT support experience.
- Experience writing technical documents a plus
- Ability to communicate in writing professionally and effectively required
- Knowledge of diagnostics tools such as telnet, ping, tracert, ssh, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds’ weight.
- Service oriented attitude
- Must be able to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while under stress
- Must be able to develop and maintain critical working relationships within the company and with customers
- Able to work well with people from many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical experience
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Must be able to participate as a team player
- Must possess excellent judgment and a strong willingness to learn
- Work as part of a team to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction
- Contributes to a friendly, supportive, work environment