Sales | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Atmosera Solutions Architect
Our mission is to build a category defining, historically relevant hybrid Azure solutions business. Come help build greatness and impact the strategic direction of Atmosera!
If you’re looking to be part of something relevant, something where your consultative, technical approach, expertise and work ethic translate into sales velocity and forward movement, then Atmosera will fit you perfectly.
Atmosera delivers expertise and operational capabilities leveraging both the Microsoft Cloud Platform System and Azure (IaaS & PaaS). We engineer and operate highly scalable Azure cloud environments that support business critical (they can never go down) applications. We were one of the first Microsoft Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs), we are Cloud OS Network (COSN) certified with a number of large, complex global production environments for customers on Cloud Platform System and we have a growing number of Azure Certified Hybrid (ACH) deployments leveraging private and public Azure on a global basis. This expertise comes from hundreds of engagements working across geographies and industries, delivering and operating cloud solutions that provide immense value for our customers.
With over 20 years of industry experience and real-world best practices, Atmosera is a trusted and secure (SSAE 16, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS V.3, IRS 1075) global cloud partner to SaaS providers, financial institutions, healthcare providers, retailers, government agencies, manufacturers, and public utilities (among others).
As an Atmosera Solutions Architect, you will be at the forefront of our customer deployments and own the technical pre-sales engagement including architectural design / application discussions, and specific sales development activities supporting Atmosera managed cloud solutions.
As a key client facing, technical leader, the Atmosera Solution Architect is responsible for the technical and strategic assessment of a client’s existing infrastructure and application environment(s), providing a customer centric strategy for the Atmosera solution while delivering consultative guidance to Atmosera’s Solutions Administrators throughout the deployment process.
Atmosera’s Solution Architects form an experienced team who work with Sales Executives to provide technical know-how during the sales cycle. Our Architects assist in the sales process by designing, presenting, and selling solutions based upon a best fit between the solution’s capabilities and operational parameters and the customer’s business strategies, schedules and budgets.
How you can help build greatness:
- Intuitively identify a customer’s strategic business objective and technical solution requirements and articulate the solution vision in both its business value context and a technical architecture that leverages Atmosera’s products & services.
- Demonstrate Atmosera products and services to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, and at pre- and post-sales meetings and remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunity.
- Collaborate with sales representatives to ensure all aspects of the sale are aligned.
- Articulate the technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities of Atmosera solutions to prospective customers and solutions partners.
- Serve as a technical leader and sales team technical mentor with a positive, accretive cultural influence.
Where the rubber meets the road:
- Gather technical information on the customer’s IT environment. This includes, but is not limited to applications and software, data center operations, systems, storage, networking infrastructure, backup processes, user access, and business unit interdependencies.
- Engage customers to extract critical technical and business drivers that may align with Atmosera deliverables.
- Provide engineering solution design for private, public (Azure), and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Write detailed Statement of Work contracts documenting the cloud solutions for new and existing clients.
- Independently and at Sales direction, utilize sales quoting tools to quickly provide product and cloud solution Bill of Materials and quotes to the sales organization.
- Participate in regularly scheduled client meetings to review open issues, change requests, and enhance client relationships.
- Participate in development and delivery of technical presentations of Atmosera service offerings to new and existing Atmosera Customers.
Required “Attitude and Aptitude”
- Be a solid self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Possess a deep understanding of infrastructure, systems and cloud technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Lead architecture design discussions and recommend an appropriate combination of technologies for production deployment.
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux.
- Professional outgoing personality with the ability to clearly demonstrate our managed service products and services to both internal and external customers.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- 10+ years’ experience, or equivalent, in the technology industry including at least 3 years in consumer-facing roles such as sales or solutions engineering.
- Demonstrable understanding of enterprise-networking technologies, enterprise-architecture concepts, the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7, and how various software components involved in enterprise service delivery interact.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
Things that get us really excited:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Microsoft Certified, especially in 70-533 or 70-534
- Operational familiarity with infrastructure automation and management of infrastructure-as-code environments.
- Demonstrable security and compliance familiarity (HIPAA, PCI, other frameworks).
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your resume and tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in working for us and why you think you're a good fit for the role. We appreciate your interest in career opportunities with Atmosera!
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and reside locally (Portland, OR metro).