Infrastructure | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Atmosera is a leading provider of always-on, managed IT infrastructure services to a wide variety of organizations including leading retail companies, healthcare providers, financial institutions, Fortune 1000 companies and medium- sized businesses. Atmosera is an enterprise-grade provider of fully dedicated, fully managed private infrastructure, multi-tenant clouds and colocation services that help clients effectively maximize their investment in technology while minimizing risk and allowing them to focus on the core drivers of their business. Atmosera also helps clients deliver superior customer and market performance through integrated strategic, operational, and organizational management of their IT infrastructure.
Atmosera is a privately held corporation with majority ownership held by the New York based private equity firm Seaport Capital (www.seaportcapital.com). Atmosera owns and operates three TYPE-II SSAE 16 compliant data centers located in Oregon. From these data centers, Atmosera provides colocation, enterprise-grade private cloud and multi-tenant cloud environments as well as advanced security, compliance, and reporting services.
As a network engineer you are part of a team comprised of customer focused technical professionals who have extensive experience in enterprise class infrastructure. Our seasoned experts operate under complete integrity and are relentless in providing great customer support.
You will be an integral part of our 24x7x365 support model providing support to our services on a global scale.
As a network engineer you are experienced, creative, and eager to help. You epitomize strategic thinking and provide leadership by organizing and leading network project deployments and providing network engineering support. You use a consultative approach in problem solving. You are the subject matter expert when it comes to LAN, WAN, UTM and related technologies.
- Install, upgrade and maintain UTM firewalls including access control and traffic management.
- Perform engineering, design, development, configuration, installation, administration, maintenance and upgrades of local (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
- Collect and analyze network statistics to proactively assess and report on on-going network performance, reliability, availability and capacity.
- Utilize network performance data to determine and design network infrastructure upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and advise on network problems for customer escalations and internal operations.
- Perform as a trusted adviser for Atmosera staff and customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and third-party providers for services, equipment purchase, installation, and support. Evaluate cost, quality, and reliability of vendor products.
- Remain informed of new developments and trends; make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
- 5-7 years of network engineering experience.
- Understanding of protocols, including IPv4, IPv6, RADIUS, TACACS+, DNS, BGP, OSPF, HTTP and others.
- Experience with firewall and VPN administration (Cisco ASA and Fortinet UTM)
- Experience with Cisco, Arista and Juniper route/switch configuration and management.
- Routing experience, including managing a BGP network with confederations, route reflectors and traffic engineering with the use of community strings is preferred.
- Experience with implementing, managing and troubleshooting DWDM, Fiber and Ethernet technology.
- Experience utilizing QoS, Jitter, Latency, and Packet Loss to resolve & optimize real-time sensitive applications.
- Experience with Layer 2 networks controlling spanning tree topologies and 802.1q VLAN's with Q-in-Q tunneling.
- Experience with MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 tunneling.
- Experience documenting network topologies with Visio.
- Familiar with storage and data networking in a virtualized environment.
- Experience with current Software Defined Networking technologies and networking within a cloud environment is desirable.
- Must have the ability to work within a team driven environment.
- Must be able to work within an ITIL framework, change management, PCI and HIPPA compliant environment.
- Must be comfortable being on a 24x7 on-call rotation.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your resume and tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in working for us and why you think you're a good fit for the role. We appreciate your interest in career opportunities with Atmosera!
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and reside locally (Portland, OR metro). Sorry, no Visa Sponsorships or Relocation available.