Sales & Business Development Associate (m/f)
Business Development | New York City, NY | Full Time
Atheneum is a global platform revolutionizing market research & knowledge sharing across the business community. Our mission is to accelerate the decision making of our clients by connecting them to the world’s top professionals and industry leaders. We deliver interactions that generate intelligent insights & creative ideas ensuring our clients can drive their business forward efficiently.
Founded in 2010, Atheneum currently employs around 200 professionals in ten global offices and is rapidly growing as one of the world’s leading global insight platform connecting over 450,000 experts to strategy consulting firms, investment houses & global corporations.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Associate to join Atheneum’s Global Business Development Team. As the Business Development Associate, you will create and build client relationships while sponsoring interaction to obtain projects for the New York office with the goal of boosting Atheneum’s presence in both Americas. This is a high growth opportunity and the role will be expected to accelerate this growth by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with both new and existing clients. You will undertake this opportunity together with one of the Managing Partners and the Director of Operations. This is a unique chance to contribute to a dynamic, fast growing company in a highly innovative industry. For the right candidate a long term career path with participation in the company’s global expansion and offices would be a strong possibility.
Profile We Are Looking For
- University degree in Business Administration, Sales or a relevant field
- Relevant work experience in sales, research, or lead generation; a proven track record of success in telephone sales is an advantage
- Ability to quickly build credibility and rapport with senior management
- Strong drive, proactive mindset and solution oriented attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and high standard of professionalism
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with multinational cross functional teams
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in English, an additional language is an asset
- Generating new business leads through professional networking and cold-call techniques, which once warmed up are handed over to Managing Partners in the US Region
- Supporting Managing Partners in the US Region in their business development efforts ie. lining up meetings, creating supplementary marketing documents for client pitches (presentations, case studies, proposals), key point of contact for client coordination.
- Increasing the awareness of the Atheneum brand and attractively conveying Atheneum’s value proposition
- Researching new and existing clients to identify the most relevant companies and the most important stakeholders within the targeted accounts
- Adhering to all Atheneum Business Development standards and processes, including a diligent usage of salesforce.com
- Providing general assistance to the Managing Partners (ie. scheduling, administrative tasks, office management and acting as communication liaison)