Account Manager (m/f) – Japanese Market
Operations | Shanghai, China | Full Time
Atheneum is a global platform revolutionizing market research & knowledge sharing across the business community. Our mission is to accelerate the decision making of our clients by connecting them to the world’s top professionals and industry leaders. We deliver interactions that generate intelligent insights & creative ideas ensuring our clients can drive their business forward efficiently.
Founded in 2010, Atheneum currently employs around 200 professionals in ten global offices and is rapidly growing as one of the world’s leading global insight platform to strategy consulting firms, investment houses & global corporations.
Successful candidates at Atheneum are resourceful, goal driven, highly energetic and focused.
As an Account Manager, you will be leading a team working with top Japanese clients in the consulting, corporate and private equity spaces. You will be connecting top industry professionals with Atheneum’s clients to help them efficiently understand niche industries & commercial markets. You would be required to understand hot industry topics, conduct efficient secondary research across companies and industries and identify & screen professionals with key knowledge to match their expertise to the client questions.
The role is fast-paced with intense communication required along with being able to multi-task across concurrently running projects in real time and create real impact with a revenue generation opportunity on each engagement.
Account Managers at Atheneum will develop skills in negotiation, professional communication, project management, client service, conflict resolution, and receive multiple training opportunities to pave their way to successful careers in commercial and operational leadership. Once you excel at the core delivery requirements of the Account Manager role, you will take on additional responsibilities, including client relationship management and coaching of junior colleagues. You will receive intensive on-and-off-the-desk training along the core dimensions it takes to become a self-sufficient commercial leader, including account management, business development, negotiation, leadership, recruitment, and talent development.
Account Managers at Atheneum have the opportunity to build a truly international career applying to our Annual International Office Swap Program where the best candidates can work in one of our entities in New York, Berlin or Santiago de Chile.
Profiles We Are Seeking:
Candidates applying for this role should have an interest in working in a client-facing, business-oriented capacity.
This is a position for someone with high emotional intelligence who enjoys working in a team and connecting with people, is an exemplar of professionalism, and is highly motivated by exceeding targets. You’ll need to bring a client-first attitude and be results-oriented and embrace our entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and highly collaborative environment and demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- 4-5 years' work experience
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Evidenced success in a professional and/or extracurricular field
- Fluency in Japanese and English is essential. Fluency in an additional European or Asian language is a plus
- Managing diverse global projects with high caliber Japanese clients, from initiation to closure
- Managing client communication on project related matters, including scoping, client expectations management and advising on our services
- Managing, leading and motivating a team of up to 5 individuals
- Coaching and training your team to achieve targets
- Proactively contribute to recruitment of experts to help your team to achieve targets
- Ensuring quality client relationship management, service delivery and meeting KPIs
- Active cooperation with international teams located in other Atheneum hubs to meet goals and deadlines on global projects
- Active participation in account management and business development in Japanese market
- Active participation in company growth strategy, including training and process improvement
- Three weeks of comprehensive business on-boarding training
- Continued on-the-job training & sector education: introduction to our clients’ businesses - private equity, consulting, corporate
- Mentorship Program
- Swap program to international locations (best in class)
It's important you read up about the company before applying.