Sr C++/Qt Developer (Remote)
Software Development | Remote from Argentina | Full Time and Contract
AthenaWorks is a company built by women and a diverse team of technologist who know what it takes to build a great company where truly everybody thrives.
We are driven to create a culture of empowerment for women in technology. An authentic culture that gives technologists from all corners of the world the freedom, flexibility and support to create best-in-class solutions in an unfettered way. We work in a lean, agile and collaborative way that gives all involved a voice and celebrates individual contributions. Our approach emphasizes equal pay, equal opportunity and a global level playing field that has no ceiling on advancement.
Many companies are trying to be more diverse and inclusive but most of them fall short of just a promise. Either they have unconscious biases in their hiring processes or no processes to truly have an inclusive team.
At Athenaworks we are committed to create the best diverse workforce that works for all. If you are a technologist, looking to work on new projects, learn new skills and continue growing your career while having the flexibility you want then join us!
We are looking for a Senior C++ developer
You will work on a wide variety of product areas and technologies while developing user-facing features and API enhancements, as well as troubleshooting and resolving production-blocking issues. Develop and grow your skills through exposure to various VFX and Games technologies, open-source initiatives, language integrations and APIs (e.g., Python, C++). In addition to coding, you will be contributing to technical design and other aspects of the software development lifecycle.
• Develop high quality, stable code
• Implement workflows and algorithms as part of a scrum team
• Take ownership and develop key new features
• Strong C++ development and object-oriented design skills (5-8 years)
• Experience developing cross platform UIs (e.g., Qt)
• Great communication skills (spoken and written English)
• Proven ability to work as part of a team
Nice to have:
• Understanding of computer graphics algorithms and implementations
• General knowledge of a 3D modeling, animation and rendering applications
• Cross-platform development experience (Windows, Linux, OS X)
• Experience with GL / DX / Vulkan / Metal, including writing shaders
• Strong Python, MEL, or other scripting languages
• Experience using the Maya SDK to write custom tools/plug-ins
• Experience profiling and tuning performance
• Experience using multi-threading and GPGPU techniques
• Working knowledge of game or film character pipelines and workflows
• Industry experience in either high-end film or game industry
• Familiarity with the Agile development methodology
If this is sounds like a match! Great apply today! If it doesn’t, don’t despair, if you are still interested to work at AthenaWorks, we have tons of opportunities coming up. Drop us a line and tell us about you, we’ll keep you posted as new opportunities arrive.