Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (RoR, Microservices, REST APIs)
Software Development | Remote from Peru | Full Time | Opened 3 months ago
ATHENAWORKS was founded to create a culture of empowerment, diversity, and equality for technologists everywhere. A culture where everyone is safe and empowered with the freedom, flexibility, and support to create best-in-class solutions in an unfettered way.
Our founders believe that the only way to achieve balanced, fair and open teams is to make it part of the way we do business each day. So, our socially conscious business model is based on an environment for all that embraces, encourages and empowers each team member through an approach that emphasizes equal access, equal pay, equal opportunity on a global level playing field that has no ceiling on advancement.
And to do this we need exceptional people that will represent us, themselves, and our mission through great code/product/design with our startup clients. Presently we are looking for an exceptional Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to work remotely on RoR, Microservices, and REST APIs with our team in Los Angeles on our latest project. This position requires:
- 4+ years of software development experience in Ruby on Rails
- senior-level expertise in backend software development
- experience with lean agile development
- knowledge of various programming languages, libraries, and frameworks for microservices
- good data structures and SQL knowledge
- experience with Kafka and/or GoLang is a plus but not required
- strong development, testing, and documentation standards
- good team collaboration and ownership skills
- conversational level English (read, write and speak) is a must
- bachelors degree or equivalent training + experience
- a desire to continuously learn and grow professionally
By offering a fully remote, and client onsite, environments, we can give you the flexibility to create best-in-class solutions regardless of location, family obligations, or other dynamics. We operate in a lean, agile, and collaborative way so that everyone feels supported and can communicate openly. We celebrate individual achievements, along with our team spirit. As diverse & female leaders ourselves, we want to give everyone the opportunity for equal pay, fair treatment, and no ceiling on career advancement.
The users of products are diverse so the people behind the technology should be too. Our teams are comprised of great people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about transforming business ideas into powerful products, services, and technology. As such, we are committed to creating meaningful technology and a company culture that celebrates our differences along with our similarities. If you are excited to build with new technologies, solve interesting problems, and would enjoy a flexible work environment with unlimited career potential… then please apply to join us today!