Senior Backend Developer (Remote)
Software Development | Remote from Argentina | Full Time and Contract
AthenaWorks is a company built by women and a diverse team of technologist who know what it takes to build a great company where truly everybody thrives.
We are driven to create a culture of empowerment for women in technology. An authentic culture that gives technologists from all corners of the world the freedom, flexibility and support to create best-in-class solutions in an unfettered way. We work in a lean, agile and collaborative way that gives all involved a voice and celebrates individual contributions. Our approach emphasizes equal pay, equal opportunity and a global level playing field that has no ceiling on advancement.
Many companies are trying to be more diverse and inclusive but most of them fall short of just a promise. Either they have unconscious biases in their hiring processes or no processes to truly have an inclusive team.
At Athenaworks we are committed to create the best diverse workforce that works for all. If you are a technologist, looking to work on new projects, learn new skills and continue growing your career while having the flexibility you want then join us!
Some of the things you’ll do on a regular basis:
- Work closely with Product Management to drive features from ideation to production
- Participate in architecture meetings to pave Engineering Roadmap
- Participate in design sessions and lead discussions regarding technical tradeoffs
- Participate in code reviews / mentor junior engineers
- Promote engineering excellence and software design best practices
- Maintain production application
We are looking for:
- Experience with Microservices, Distributed Systems, Streaming technologies
- 5+ years experience as a senior engineer
- Proficient knowledge of algorithms, network protocols, and web services
- Scala / Java experience
- Experience scaling Microservices and Distributed Systems
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of containerization, scaling containers
- Deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL database, and ability to discuss technical tradeoffs
- Experience with Data Pipelines, processing Big Data
- Experience with Akka Http
If this is sounds like a match! Great apply today! If it doesn’t, don’t despair, if you are still interested to work at AthenaWorks, we have tons of opportunities coming up. Drop us a line and tell us about you, we’ll keep you posted as new opportunities arrive.