Principal Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Software Architecture | Remote from Argentina | Full Time | Opened 3 months ago
ATHENAWORKS was founded to create a culture of empowerment, diversity, and equality for technologists everywhere. A culture where everyone is safe and empowered with the freedom, flexibility, and support to create best-in-class solutions in an unfettered way.
Our founders believe that the only way to achieve balanced, fair and open teams is to make it part of the way we do business each day. So, our socially conscious business model is based on an environment for all that embraces, encourages and empowers each team member through an approach that emphasizes equal access, equal pay, equal opportunity on a global level playing field that has no ceiling on advancement.
And to do this we need exceptional people that will represent us, themselves and our mission through great code/product/design with our startup clients. Presently we are looking for a Principal Software Engineer (Fullstack) to work remotely with our team in California on our latest project. This position requires:
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer
- 10+ years designing and building end to end web based consumer products using a progressive set of technologies
- 3+ years of experience using react.js or vue.js
- 3+ years experience with low latency socket based web applications such as chat or messaging
- experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) databases
- experience with topic based event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ) using techniques such as event sourcing
- experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- must have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- experience with lean agile development
- strong development, testing, and documentation standards
- good team collaboration, mentorship and ownership skills
- conversational level English (read, write and speak) is a must
By offering a fully remote, and client onsite, environments, we can give you the flexibility to create best-in-class solutions regardless of location, family obligations, or other dynamics. We operate in a lean, agile, and collaborative way so that everyone feels supported and can communicate openly. We celebrate individual achievements, along with our team spirit. As diverse & female leaders ourselves, we want to give everyone the opportunity for equal pay, fair treatment, and no ceiling on career advancement.
The users of products are diverse so the people behind the technology should be too. Our teams are comprised of great people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about transforming business ideas into powerful products, services, and technology. As such, we are committed to creating meaningful technology and a company culture that celebrates our differences along with our similarities. If you are excited to build with new technologies, solve interesting problems, and would enjoy a flexible work environment with unlimited career potential… then please apply to join us today!