Mobile Developer - iOS or Android
Software Development | Guadalajara, Mexico | Full Time
AthenaWorks is a company built by women and a diverse team of technologist who know what it takes to build a great company where truly everybody thrives.
We are driven to create a culture of empowerment for women in technology. An authentic culture that gives technologists from all corners of the world the freedom, flexibility and support to create best-in-class solutions in an unfettered way. We work in a lean, agile and collaborative way that gives all involved a voice and celebrates individual contributions. Our approach emphasizes equal pay, equal opportunity and a global level playing field that has no ceiling on advancement.
Many companies are trying to be more diverse and inclusive but most of them fall short of just a promise. Either they have unconscious biases in their hiring processes or no processes to truly have an inclusive team.
At Athenaworks we are committed to create the best diverse workforce that works for all. If you are a technologist, looking to work on new projects, learn new skills and continue growing your career while having the flexibility you want then join us!
As a Mobile Developer, creating modern and scalable apps with the latest technology is your focus. These apps will be used by our direct customers, as well as our customer's customers.
- Design and develop advanced applications for the Apple and/or Android ecosystems
- Work with our product and design teams to formulate strategies that will make mobile apps effective and easy to use
- Make confident architecture and UX decisions based on skill, experience, and research
- Following best practices at coding and testing
- For iOS: iOS, tvOS or watchOS development experience with Swift, preferably most recent versions
- For Android: Native Android Development. (Bonus points for experience with Kotlin, Rx, Dependency injection and Android
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of performance limitations (battery life, CPU and memory availability) to create stable, high performance solutions
- Both English and Spanish (written/spoken) language skills
- An attitude of optimism, a willingness to learn, and the desire to solve problems on your own
- Experience working with third-party libraries and APIs
- At least 1 current mobile app working examples, and have published 2 or more apps
Nice to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- Direct experience with Apple App Store and Google Play processes and review guidelines
- A love of photography is a huge plus
If this is sounds like a match! Great apply today! If it doesn’t, don’t despair, if you are still interested to work at AthenaWorks, we have tons of opportunities coming up. Drop us a line and tell us about you, we’ll keep you posted as new opportunities arrive.