Automation QA Developer (Remote)
Software Development | Remote from Anywhere | Full Time and Contract
AthenaWorks is a company built by women and a diverse team of technologist who know what it takes to build a great company where truly everybody thrives.
We are driven to create a culture of empowerment for women in technology. An authentic culture that gives technologists from all corners of the world the freedom, flexibility and support to create best-in-class solutions in an unfettered way. We work in a lean, agile and collaborative way that gives all involved a voice and celebrates individual contributions. Our approach emphasizes equal pay, equal opportunity and a global level playing field that has no ceiling on advancement.
Many companies are trying to be more diverse and inclusive but most of them fall short of just a promise. Either they have unconscious biases in their hiring processes or no processes to truly have an inclusive team.
At Athenaworks we are committed to create the best diverse workforce that works for all. If you are a technologist, looking to work on new projects, learn new skills and continue growing your career while having the flexibility you want then join us!
Some of the things you’ll do on a regular basis:
- Perform quality assurance testing for web applications, mobile applications, front-end (UI/UX) testing, and back-end (server/database/API) testing
- Manage work and information thru
- Develop and expand existing test frameworks and tools.
- Work closely with developers, product managers, and account managers to validate requirements against developed software
- Build test cases and scalable test plans
- Debug issues reported by customers and internal teams
- Provide clear and concise information for issues discovered during testing.
- Participate in agile development and test ‘quick fixes’ as part of the Rapid Response development team
- Provide feedback to product management, development, QA, and account management teams on how to improve the quality of the product
We are looking for:
- 3+ years of software industry experience
- Experience or strong familiarity with:
- Load Impact
- Git (or similar VCS software)
- Jenkins (or similar CI software)
- Proficient or strong understanding of:
- Java / Groovy
- Familiarity with using and managing web applications and mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge in RESTful API
- Strong communication skills and ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results under tight deadlines/release cycles
- Must be a creative thinker able to solve complex problems
- Testing experience with testing API services
If this is sounds like a match! Great apply today! If it doesn’t, don’t despair, if you are still interested to work at AthenaWorks, we have tons of opportunities coming up. Drop us a line and tell us about you, we’ll keep you posted as new opportunities arrive.