Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Temerity Capital Partners | Washington, DC | Full Time
The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Temerity Capital Partners, Andy Sandler, is seeking a highly motivated professional to function as an Executive Assistant to him. The purpose of the job is to make the CEO a better, faster, stronger and more effective leader by creating capacity for him to focus on the most important things. The best person for this role is an individual that sees that there is no ceiling to what they can accomplish and learn in this role. The right individual for this job is highly ambitious in his/her pursuit of growth and achieving excellence.
Reporting directly to the Chairman and CEO with direction from the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chairman & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Managing the CEO’s workflow and priorities by managing his schedule and anticipating steps ahead.
- Maintain memberships and ensure the CEO is meeting all obligations of membership, financial and otherwise (i.e. Bar affiliations, Committee memberships, etc.)
- Assist CEO and team with managing expenses, both personal and business, maintaining confidential information and exercising the utmost discretion.
- Assist CEO with managing projects at his personal properties.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and operating companies; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT
- Maintain a contact management system, regularly updating and adding information to the platform. Manage and oversee access to the database.
- Assists in office management, coordinating deliveries, arranging for technical support and other logistics related to the maintenance of the Temerity Capital Partners office suite.
- Provide meeting support for events taking place in the Boardroom.
- Occasionally support Chief Investment Officer and Chief of Staff in coordinating high-value meetings and assist them in communications with external parties.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team player who can also perform effectively independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Awareness of and ability to adapt to competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree and/or 10+ years of experience supporting Senior and C-Level Executives,
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Salary: Highly competitive
- Bonus: Based on performance, no cap