Audio Video Technician
Operations | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Audio Visual Technician
Aspire Audio Video Solutions is a Charleston, SC based company that designs, builds and supports integrated technology solutions for high-end residential applications. Our mission is to foster meaningful relationships with our clients and industry professionals by being trustworthy and reliable. Additionally, to educate and enhance lives through the innovative use of technology.
This position is for a skilled, residential, audio/video technician position. The ideal candidate would have a strong industry knowledge of best practices and have high installation standards. They would have a strong understanding of system functions. and diagnose problems associated with home automation systems including Audio/Video, Networks, Security, Shades, Lighting and CCTV.
- At least 2 years experience in the AV residential field.
- Knowledge or certification with Control4 & Lutron is a plus.
- A+ and CEDIA Certification preferred.
- Must have the ability to read schematic diagrams and drawings.
- Must understand networking,
- Must own and have hand/power/testing tools necessary for the low voltage industry.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other staff.
- Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency. College Education is a plus.
- Have valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Pass drug screen and background check
- Review of client files including, but not limited to, floorplans, wiring diagrams, system proposals, rack diagrams, programming criteria, and change orders
- Perform prewire installation in both new and existing construction.
- Development of “as-built” wiring diagrams for both rough-in wire installations and finished system installations.
- Installation of speakers and controls, TV, phone, and data jacks, head-end structured wiring components, DSS systems, and similar infrastructure products.
- Preparation of user manuals and troubleshooting guides for completed systems.
- Service and maintenance on existing systems.
- System troubleshooting.
- Rack fabrication
- Ability to regularly lift equipment that weighs 60 or more pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders as high as 40 feet.
- Ability to bend or twist while pulling, pushing or tweaking equipment placement.
- Ability to reach out or overhead to move or install equipment.
- Ability to crawl into small spaces.
- Ability to work in extreme high or low temperatures.
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly: $15-$35Hr DOE