VP, Salesforce.com & Global CRM Solutions
ISD | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 625,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Salesforce-based platforms and applications are a key enabler to enhanced productivity for our licensing field teams to fuel growth and drive engagement. We are building a global platform for all data and capabilities that our field teams need to engage with their prospects and customers more effectively to deliver the best customer experience.
We are looking for a Vice President to help define and deliver on our strategic vision for the platform. Using your prior experience leveraging SFDC as a development platform (not simply a CRM), your goal is to create a global data-rich platform, connected in to the broader systems landscape at ASCAP, and to deliver tools that will better enable our Licensing organization and ASCAP as a whole. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Imagining and delivering the next generation of Salesforce .com-based solutions for our business
- Leading a team to find the next wave of innovative, high value solutions for the organization
- Continuing to build on new channels such as mobile, communities, collaboration tools, and financial tools
- Migrating legacy applications as needed into Salesforce
- Defining a global CRM technical strategy
- Automating the platform to make life easier and serving as a champion to our Licensing, Finance, International and Product teams.
- Drive a strategic product vision and roadmap for a global customer relationship management platform
- Lead the ongoing product development and roll-out of a single global instance of the salesforce. com platform to the organization
- Define and analyze customer journeys, metrics, objectives, key results and productivity gains that inform the success of the solutions delivered
- Identify innovative force. com/ecosystem capabilities that would benefit the field community; support value definition of such solutions and incorporate into the product strategy as appropriate
- Partner closely with our technology organization to lead product development with a team of world-class engineers and salesforce. com experts
- Create and roll-out solutions that solve field pain points, generating greater field productivity and satisfaction with the platform
- Level-up existing markets to the global standard platform
- Build a knowledge management platform that serves up content when the field needs it, enabling them to be more productive
- Work with and influence cross-functional stakeholders to break down barriers and deliver products with speed and agility
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- 10+ years of experience in a strategic leadership role for a digital CRM or Salesforce function in an enterprise environment.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience. MBA is desirable.
- Significant experience leveraging SFDC as a development platform, not simply a CRM, and overseeing significant custom development efforts, either new or as technical debt or towards consolidating variance salesforce instances and legacy applications
- Salesforce certifications desirable, CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent Agile certifications also desirable
- A Product Mindset and experience defining and leading execution of front-office capabilities for field-based sales organizations
- An understanding of CRM platforms and emerging trends in Sales and Marketing automation, and techniques in how to apply them to a field sales business
- Agile & Scrum, specifically in a Salesforce environment
- Functional understanding of the Salesforce platform and its capabilities
- Digital product development, customer journey definition, process mapping, and capability framework development experience
- Ability to distill complex concepts and business needs into prioritized, implementable value-based components
- Change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo with proven record of driving change through an organization at scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially at the Executive level
- Ability to build relationships and influence broadly across the organization
- Background in technology or capability development a plus
- Ability to engage and inspire a team, attract and retain subject matter experts