SQL Database Administrator
Global Technology Solutions | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 825,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
To adequately fill this position, applicants should have a minimum of 5 + years of professional experience on MS-SQ databases in the following areas:
- Working Experience with database administration of MS-SQL
- Familiar with configuring and maintaining databases and processes.
- Manage and Monitor the health and performance at the Windows / Linux OS and Database levels.
- Create a Pro-Active, Self-Correcting environment with alerts and notifications.
- Be able to optimize systems to ensure quality performance at OS and Database levels.
- Conduct Software installation and Service Pack release deployment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Create baseline performance measures.
- Familiar with best practices and implementation
- Analyze, solve and correct issues in real time.
- Must be able to write, understand and debug SQL Code.
- Monitor queries to ensure that procedures and processes are optimized.
- Extension Windows experience.
- Applicants should also have experience with:
- Performance Tuning
- Backups, Restores and Recovery Models
- Role based Security Model.
- Data Protection and Integrity
- Database Capacity Planning
Additional skills that would be a plus:
- Knowledge or working experience with Postgres is a plus
- Familiarity with Snowflake's Cloud Data Platform.
- Scripting in Python on AWS
The ideal applicant also possesses these traits:
- Curious and analytical mindset willing to dig deep to understand and explain why/how things work.
- Be accountable and take ownership of problems/issues. Use available resources to see the situation resolved and closed out.
- Critical Thinking.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
- Suggest viable solutions.
- Team Player.
- Communication Skills
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- Very generous time-off policy
- Paid time off for approved volunteer events
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
- An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
- A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
- Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company provided basic life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Pet Insurance, Legal Services and Identity Theft benefits offerings
- Employee Referral Bonuses
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.