Senior Vice President, Finance Systems, Process & Operations
Accounting and Finance | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 830,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
Senior Vice President, Finance Systems, Process & Operations for the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (“ASCAP”) is an integral member of the ASCAP Finance and Operations teams. This position is based in New York City and reports directly to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer.
The position requires a comprehensive command of finance and accounting, finance related technology applications and platforms, project implementation and management experience, very strong organizational and analytical skills, and attention to detail. A clear communicator with the ability to engage and work well across matrixed organization to achieve improved efficiencies and project execution. Proven executive change management and leadership skills is must.
The Senior Vice President, Finance Systems & Operations will directly manage the planning, development, implementation, and operations of the ASCAP’s core financial systems and processes, including the integration with other key administration and organizational systems, supporting, and promoting clear and well documented goals, objectives and timelines.
- Execute strategic transformation and modernization of core competencies in Finance and other related areas of the ASCAP business.
- Directly manage and oversee transformation projects and implementation of applications related to cash flow management, financial reporting, and revenue and expenses.
- Gathering and analyzing data to identify areas for improvement and/or develop solutions to keep projects on time and within annual and long-range planning capital and operations budget.
- Support the organization and the Chief Operating and Financial Officer by directly managing key Finance activities and functions
- Establishing appropriate internal controls and project governance.
- Directs the design and execution of new systems implementation processes, including business requirement gathering, process documentation and solutions design.
- Directs and coordinates professional services advisors and application implementation partners.
- Defines and presents change management strategies to implement improved financial processes and internal workflows.
- Drafts and implements policies and best practices to support achievement of finance objectives and required standards.
- Creates concise presentation materials for Senior Management and the Board, which will simply and clearly summarize key finding of complex analyses associated with project strategic benefits, budget, and implementation risks.
- Maintains knowledge of developments and trends in finance and administration including technological advances.
- Facilitates implementation of new systems and major modifications of existing systems to improve monthly and annual accounting and budgeting processes.
- Senior-level experience at a big four/consulting firm management advisory practice or a in a corporate financial planning role in relevant industries
- Additional management consulting, project management, systems integration, or process reengineering experience is a plus
- Demonstrated success driving project budgets, requirements, and implementation timelines with a strong work ethic and a bias towards data integrity, excellence, action, change, and speed.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and design and present data analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of financial best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial advice to senior leadership.
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient financial modeling skills.
- Highly collaborative team-player and team-builder
- Bachelor and MBA degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Certified Public Accountant status highly desired.
- At least fifteen years of experience in the financial planning and project management function of a company required.
- Proficient financial modeling skills.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.