Senior Software Engineer
Technology | New York, NY | Full Time and Temp to Perm
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
As an ASCAP Senior Software Engineer, you'll be part of team designing, developing and implementing software solutions and you'll leverage your experience to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Coach junior developers on best coding practices
- Proficient in Java, Java Script with a good knowledge of the AWS ecosystems
- Experience with Amazon AWS PaaS required
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with Oracle and AWS Databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- AWS certifications and/or experience desirable
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, etc)
- Proficiency with the AWS CLI
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- A solid DevOps foundation - you’re always mindful of, “what happens if this fails?” when you build things
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like Jenkins and RunDeck
What We Love About You:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program