Senior QA Automation Analyst
Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We out think ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
As a Senior QA Automation Analyst, you will be involved throughout the development life cycle of the ASCAP ISD team with particular responsibility in the quality assurance of software development and deployment with emphasis on development and implementation of test automation. You will be working closely with developers as they develop code to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality, and you will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is fit for purpose. You will be responsible for executing innovative automated testing strategies and tool-sets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes within ASCAP. Also, you would be engaged in a continuous collaboration with developers in shifting quality to the left of the Software Delivery Life Cycle.
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate Agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing, and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
- Collaborate with engineering resources to shift quality responsibility to the left of the development process
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- 5-7 years of overall testing experience with the last 2 years focused on QA automation
- Experience creating test automation within a sprint for new development of user stories
- Proven experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies primarily Selenium WebDriver 3.0 using Java and Soap UI Pro and/or Postman in testing GUI applications, web services and/or web applications (Backend and frontend).
- Through understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in Agile development environments
- Excellent working knowledge of testing fundamentals and test case design techiques
- Experience with manual testing (functional, end to end, integration, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience testing applications deployed on AWS, both frontend and backend
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management tools to support development processes
What We Love About You:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program