Senior Product Manager (Technical)
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
Join the Product team at ASCAP. The position will play a leadership role in uncovering customer needs to identify and launch new products for the existing customer base of hundreds of thousands of writers, publishers, and media companies such as YouTube, Spotify, and Pandora.
The successful candidate will blend business and technical skills, be highly analytical, and have passion for creating products that answer user needs. They will be the driving force on key client interface designs.
Areas of responsibility / accountability:
- Own the definition of product roadmaps and delivery of solutions in alignment with business goals with a specific focus on world-class CRM, self-service, reporting and marketing automation solutions.
- Develop CRM system requirements with key stakeholders and manage the phased launch of a new CRM system, including strong understanding of customer data and effective master data management practices.
- Create product requirements including business rationale, user stories, functional specifications, and wireframes.
- Leverage research data/analytics to inform decision making
- Define the core product vision, goals, functionality and requirements
- Create and maintain product roadmaps and feature backlogs
- Prioritize development activities and iterate using Agile product development mindset
- Work cross functionally with teams, including development, marketing, analytics, design, and legal
- Be a passionate advocate for our users
- 5+ years experience in digital product management
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years CRM implementation & consulting experience preferred, preferably with Salesforce.
- Experience working with Analytics to statistically influence decision making
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to be a very strong and confident communicator, able to converse easily among business and development teams
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program