Senior Java Developer
ISD | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
This position requires an individual with 7-10 years of experience in Java development utilizing Web Services. The Senior Java Developer position requires working in a dynamic technical team environment without any supervision, reporting to the Director of Application Development. The individual will be responsible for the development using Java Struts or Sprint framework, and Web services. This position requires PL/SQL skills and experience in large data volume processing. The candidate must have experience with Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS). The candidate must have great communication skills, documentation skills and a strong desire to learn and pursue continuing education. Position requires working closely with business users and external vendors.
- Plan, process and perform all jobs in an efficient manner with high quality products.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements.
- Participate and contribute to the design of the new applications.
- Design and develop user interfaces to company applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; complete programming using languages and software products; design and conduct tests.
- Integrate applications by collaborating in database architecture design and studying to establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Complete applications development by contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Experience with Java Struts or Spring framework, HTML, JSPs, Spring Batch , Web Services
- Experience with Oracle, PL/SQL
- Experience with enterprise ETL tools like SSIS, DataStage or Informatica
- Experience Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Experience with Unix and Shell scripting languages
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with application security concepts and methodologies
- Good understanding of testing methodologies
- Experience in complete software development life cycle implementations.
- Excellent communication skills
- College degree required.