Senior Director, Software Engineering
Global Technology Solutions | New York, NY | Full Time
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
As an ASCAP Director of Software Engineering, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful microservices, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, GO, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, Perl, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work across to improve the velocity of your and other teams
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Break existing monolithic applications into micro service architectures and build new microservices
- Adroitly prioritize tech-debt pay-down projects as well as larger strategic initiatives (versioned deployments, deployment frequency).
What The Search Engines Are Looking For To Help You Find This Job, As Well As The Type Of Environment, Technologies, And Languages That We Work In
Agile, DevOps, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Docker, micro services, React, Angular, Go, Java, Rest API's, Node JS, Ember to name a few
- Experience in DevOps, DevSecOps, with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
- Experience with AWS Products and service such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, S3, Glacier, RedShift, AppStream and all other management and developer categories
- Expert in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform: ideally Jira or another similar agile system of record like Rally, Version One
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant management/supervisory experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals
- BA/BS or equivalent experience. MBA is desirable.
- AWS, Azure, GCP certifications desirable, CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent Agile certifications also desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in software development
- At least 5 years’ experience in people management
- Master’s Degree in computer Science or a Master’s Degree in Software Engineering
- 10+ years’ of experience in software development
- 5+ years’ of experience in Agile practices
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
- Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
- An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
- Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental and dependent life insurance options