Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 625,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com.
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Salesforce-based platforms and applications are a key enabler to enhanced productivity for our licensing field teams to fuel growth and drive engagement. We are building a global platform for all data and capabilities that our field teams need to engage with their prospects and customers more effectively to deliver the best customer experience.
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to help deliver on our strategic vision for the platform. Using your prior experience leveraging SFDC as a development platform, your goal is to deliver solutions that will better enable our internal ASCAP customers. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Design and implement solutions using Salesforce and related systems to aid the continued growth and success of the ASCAP Mission
- Leverage the Salesforce Platform to make life easier and serve as a champion to our Product, Licensing, Membership, HR, Finance, and International teams
- Author original apex classes, methods, and triggers to deliver required functionality; troubleshoot existing code to identify and resolve errors
- Design, deliver, monitor, and support integrations with various ASCAP systems to ensure stability
- Contribute to the ongoing product development and roll-out of a single global instance of Salesforce to the organization
- Identify, share, and utilize best practices for Salesforce configuration and development, as well as integrations systems
- Identify innovative force.com/ecosystem capabilities that would benefit ASCAP; support value definition of such solutions and incorporate into the product strategy as appropriate
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated success implementing code based solutions using the salesforce.com platform in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years experience in application development or related role
- Significant experience leveraging SFDC as a development platform and utilizing significant custom development efforts, either new or as technical debt, or towards consolidating variance salesforce instances and legacy applications
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II preferred
- Experience working as a developer member of a an Agile or Scrum team
- An understanding of cloud platforms and emerging trends in Marketing, Sales, and Service automation, and techniques in how to apply them using
- Agile & Scrum, specifically in a Salesforce environment
- Expert level technical understanding of the Salesforce platform and its capabilities including declarative development, Apex & Visualforce coding, and AppExchange offerings
- Experience leveraging web services to integrate Salesforce with external apps (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as relates to conveying technical concepts
- Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program