Global Technology Solutions | New York, NY | Full Time
ASCAP is home to more than 670,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
Salesforce-based platforms and applications are a key enabler to enhanced productivity for our licensing field teams to fuel growth and drive engagement. We are building a global platform for all data and capabilities that our field teams need to engage with their prospects and customers more effectively to deliver the best customer experience.
We are looking for a Salesforce Architect to help define and deliver on our strategic vision for the platform. Using your prior experience leveraging SFDC as a development platform, your goal is to design, create, and maintain a global data-rich platform, connected in to the broader systems landscape at ASCAP, and to deliver solutions that will better enable our internal ASCAP customers. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Drive the design and implementation of Salesforce and related systems to aid the continued growth and success of the ASCAP Mission
- Contribute to the strategic vision, technical approach, and roadmap for Salesforce at ASCAP
- Leverage the Salesforce Platform to make life easier and serve as a champion to our Product, Licensing, Membership, HR, Finance, and International teams
- Design, deliver, monitor, and support integrations with various ASCAP systems to ensure stability
- Provide technical and architectural leadership to the ongoing product development and roll-out of a single global instance of Salesforce to the organization
- Identify, share, and utilize best practices for Salesforce configuration and development, as well as integrations systems
- Identify innovative force.com/ecosystem capabilities that would benefit ASCAP; support value definition of such solutions and incorporate into the product strategy as appropriate
- Plan, organize, and lead Salesforce development projects
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated success implementing significant business processes across the salesforce.com platform
- 5+ years of technical experience in a strategic and architectural role, designing and delivering successful solutions using Salesforce in an enterprise environment
- At least 5 years experience with the concepts, philosophies, and tools behind the design of applications, information, and underlying information technologies.
- At least 10 years experience in application develop or related role
- Significant experience leveraging SFDC as a development platform and utilizing significant custom development efforts, either new or as technical debt, or towards consolidating variance salesforce instances and legacy applications
- Desired Salesforce certifications include Application Architect, System Architect, Technical Architect
- Desired Agile certifications include CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent
- An understanding of cloud platforms and emerging trends in Marketing, Sales, and Service automation, and techniques in how to apply them using
- Agile & Scrum, specifically in a Salesforce environment
- Expert level technical understanding of the Salesforce platform and its capabilities including declarative development, Apex & Visualforce coding, and AppExchange offerings
- Experience leveraging web services to integrate Salesforce with external apps (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc)
- Ability to distill complex concepts and business needs into prioritized, implementable value-based components
- Change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo with proven record of driving change through an organization at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as relates to conveying technical concepts
- Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
What We Love About You:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program