Regional Account Manager - New York, NY
Licensing | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 650,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
ASCAP is currently looking for a Regional Account Manager to join our Licensing team. The ASCAP “license” provides the music user with blanket permission to publicly perform ASCAP songs. The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for closing on new business to business (B2B) accounts in the NYC market. These businesses include but are not limited to restaurants, nightclubs, fitness facilities, hotels and skating rinks - all of which play music in a public space. Your job will be to effectively evaluate how music is used at various venues and to license the business by educating the music users on the benefits and value of the ASCAP license.
What are my main responsibilities?
- Effectively organize and manage territory sales
- Meet or exceed revenue expectations
- Ability to manage an expense account
- Identifies new opportunities through ongoing monitoring of the local music marketplace
Communication & Education
- Effectively communicate the benefits and value of an ASCAP license through in person meetings and telephone conversations.
- Educate businesses on US Copyright Law while overcoming objections with tact and consideration
- Work with local trade organizations to foster ongoing business relationships
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to effectively manage and report on sales data
How will my success be measured?
ASCAP is a performance-based culture. You will be reviewed and measured on your ability to close new businesses and meet revenue goals.
How will I be rewarded and compensated?
- ASCAP has a generous compensation structure which includes a competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential.
- ASCAP provides an automobile and cell phone/internet allowance to cover the costs of work related expenses.
- This full time position is eligible for a generous benefit package including vacation, 401(k) with company match, employer funded retirement savings program, medical, dental, and vision coverage.
How do I know if I am qualified?
- You have a minimum of 2 years outside sales experience
- You can show documented success in exceeding sales goals
- You are digitally proficient - You are able to manage data and navigate through social media.
- You possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- You enjoy overnight travel
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program