Membership Coordinator - Pop/Rock
Membership | New York, NY | Full Time
ASCAP is home to more than 650,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP's Membership team is looking for a Pop/Rock Membership Coordinator. As the Membership Coordinator, you will be a critical team member responsible for assisting the VP of Pop/Rock Membership and one other Pop/Rock executive.
- Answer phones and maintain calendars/meetings.
- Keep all Pop/Rock staff up to speed on the status of the various ongoing department projects and goals.
- Organize and maintain budgets and expenses.
- Interface with ASCAP members (songwriters, publishers) and their teams (managers, attorneys, etc.) as related to ASCAP events and daily needs pertaining to their ASCAP memberships.
- You will be trained on ASCAP's internal systems and software (including Concur and Salesforce), and will gain the ability to resolve member issues that may arise.
- Attend and work at Pop/Rock events - sometimes in the evening - and assist and contribute to the planning and execution of each event.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of music and a basic understanding of Music Business
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work evenings
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program