Membership Coordinator, Pop/Rock
Membership | Los Angeles | Full Time | From $40,000.00 to $47,000.00 per year
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 900,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers, and represents some of the world’s most talented music creators. Founded and governed by songwriters and composers, it is the only performing rights organization in the U.S. that operates as a not-for-profit. ASCAP licenses a repertory of over 18 million musical works to hundreds of thousands of businesses that use music, including streaming services, cable television, radio and satellite radio and brick and mortar businesses such as retail stores, hotels, clubs, restaurants and bars. ASCAP collects the licensing fees; identifies, matches and processes trillions of performances every year; and returns nearly 90 cents of every dollar back to its members as royalties. The ASCAP blanket license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. ASCAP puts music creators first, advocating for their rights and the value of music on Capitol Hill, driving innovation that moves the industry forward, building community and providing the resources and support that creators need to succeed in their careers. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
The Membership Coordinator will play an important role supporting the creative, strategic goals and initiatives of the Membership Pop/Rock department in the ASCAP Los Angeles office. Reporting directly to the Vice President, the person in this role will also be responsible for keeping all Pop/Rock staff up to speed on the status of the various ongoing department projects; will assist the Pop/Rock staff as called upon to facilitate department goals; will interface with ASCAP members (songwriters, publishers) and their teams (managers, attorneys, etc.) as related to ASCAP events and daily needs pertaining to their ASCAP memberships. The person in this role will be trained in ASCAP's internal systems and software and will gain the ability to resolve any member issues that may arise. The person in this role should be enthusiastic about upcoming talent, the L.A. music scene, and informed about the music industry at large.
Areas of Responsibility/ Accountability:
- Interface with ASCAP members (songwriters, publishers) and their teams (managers, attorneys, etc.) pertaining to ASCAP Membership events and members’ inquiries
- Resolve ASCAP member inquiries utilizing ASCAP’s internal systems and software
- Assist and support the Membership team on various ongoing department projects, goals, and initiatives
- Support budget management and track and submit expense reports for the Membership team
- Help and contribute to the planning and execution of events
- Attend ASCAP’s Membership events
- Attend industry events or concerts as needed
- Other administrative tasks/duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the L.A. music industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong eye for detail and diligently organized
- Exceptional judgment
- Ability to juggle priorities and be a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain and professional and pleasant demeanor while interacting with members and other industry professionals
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
- Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
- An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
- Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP’s policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Occasional travel for in-person meetings may be required.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $40,000 to $47,000 and will be determined on an individualized basis depending on several factors that are unique to each candidate including geographic location (due to differences in the cost of labor), skills, education and prior relevant experience.